December 09, 2007

Life's So Much Like Music

Sorry for the long period of absence. I wanted to post something before Nov ends, but didn't know what to write about. I guess i should not be cooking up anything or force myself to put in a philosophical entry. That would be an obligation, not out of free will. Sometimes, blogging just has that little pressure on me. When my blog's not updated, i do feel that life has somewhat been stagnant. Perhaps its a marker to indicate that i have progressed in life, so somehow when i'm out of ideas to blog i feel that life has never really advanced. haha weird compulsive feeling.

Well, back to what i thought of writing this time. Throughout these 2 years of my life, erm i mean NS, i've beginning to hear more of Guang Liang's songs. Loving music yet not listening much to chinese/eng pop songs, the first song that mesmerized me was Tong Hua. That was just before i entered army. When i finished my BMT, another song of his eased in to my favs. "Tian Tang" That was when i just entered sispec. I remembered listening to it almost every weekend after i book out. It gives me a very nostalgic and reluctant feeling (to book in) indeed. It was very self-delusive. But i enjoyed every moment of this delusion. I can vividly rmb that every book in was at the pick up point opposite boon lay, and we would fall in in CV, counting strength, awaiting a week of tough training and fatigue. To think that booking out would still be a far cry away.

Then after that in signal institute and 2 sig bn i continued with these 2 songs. But it was when i went to my current unit that i started listening to "Yue Ding". Another of guang liang's romantic everlasting kind. I mean his specialty is love and romance kind of songs but a couple of selected songs are just so etched deeply in my mind. They endear so closely to my soul and resonate with my emotions. Maybe it points to some kind of inadequacy or whatever the psychologists like to make their inferences. But no doubt the songs are enchanting. Then after that i got an iPod, and i began to download more of his songs.

都是你,少年,海边 etc. Towards my ORD i found another great song. a duet by 江美琪 and Guang Liang entitled 对你有感觉. Very symbolic and meaningful to me. Till now, this is still the fav, unless otherwise overtaken by another one (haha, must put disclaimer :P) I think it will continue to stay forever, cos if its my fav, it'll still be in my playlist! Guang liang came out with a new album which i havent got the time to go down and shop for it. Maybe i should one day.

Ok now about what i have been doing the past few days. Work and work! haha. Plus one tuition kid. That's about it. It's been great going out with people who i've not seen in ages :) Dec is here again! Much to my pleasure and displeasure. Time has passed in the blink of an eye, not as if it's surprising. I recalled how eager i wanted dec to come so i could ORD quickly, yet when i am at dec, i feel that a new year is approaching, and with some regrets i cruised through the year. Well, let's not dig into it alright, i will take it out on myself.

Thats all for now! Looking forward to the holidays (hari raya, not so much of christmas though!

fyi, all the songs can be heard from the stickam player below hehe :P

No comments:

What do you need?

"Once you understand the needs of the market, product is unimportant, competition is irrelevant" Very mind-blowing statement. An ...