February 19, 2006

NS Chapter 4: SIT Test Week

The anticipation of SIT test was already hectic. We had to repack our stuff, and also wash all our clothings in lieu of the upcoming 3D 2N camp. It first commenced with a 12km road march to our campsite. The weather was freaking hot. The heat was unbearable, making the march a torturous one. Upon reaching the campsite, we pitched our bashas again as usual, but now in our own detail level. Ironically, we were able to pitch it quite fast as compared to the field camp, considering the fact that those other detail mates were new to me. We cooperated pretty well i would say. Then afterwhich it was dinner and rest. The SIT test itself was the second day. The scorching sun made our second day very "xiong" It was really like bbqing yourself. I felt thirsty almost every moment. We went to different stations for sit test, each station requiring us to accomplish a mission. We doubled from station to station, and this made us tired very quickly. There were a total of 6 stations. We were glad to be able to finish it around 2 pm. Oh ya, not to forget the 4km fast march before the sit test itself. That was really SHAG!!! My whole body is like aching, especially the blister on my left toe. I told myself to endure and not think of the pain. Yep, subsequently after we completed our 6 stations, we got to rest in the afternoon, albeit spending most of the time cleaning our rifles,lol. The third day of sit test ended up the same way as 2nd day. We had a 2km fast march in the morning instead of 4km. After the end of the SIT test, we took the tunnel back to company! How elated we were! It marked the end of our outfield training! No more living in bashas, shell scrape!! haha..

The rest of the week was bad for me too. The blister i sustained during the SIT test worsened. I went to see the MO and to my subsequent dismay, i was awarded 5 days of excused footwear. Though having the privilege of wearing slippers and admin uniform everytime, i was robbed of my right to attend all training. I missed SOC, Ippt, 16km road march. All these made me felt slightly depressed and guilty. I really wanted to go for these activities. Partly because i want to raise my fitness, and most importantly i want to go through it with my platoon mates. This was one of the occasions in my BMT that i really felt the platoon spirit. I felt proud of them after they marched back to company line at night, completing their 16km march. Also felt a little nostalgic. Bleahz, anyway, i got over it as soon as the weekend arrived. My section mates comforted me. We would still get to do the 24km graduation march together.

I wouldnt forget this particular sat. OC confined us for not doing our area cleaning well. We were all hot headed initially upon hearing that, and more so when we realised that all our plans for sat were disrupted. But somehow we soon got to ease with the reality of staying back on sat. In fact, i personally didnt feel very bad on sat itself. I believe it was because everyone was staying behind too. We cleaned our own stores as well as the company's one. It was really thorough. Then at night, everyone got free time. We were allowed to play soccer and bball. haha... i chose to rest, partly due to my blister too. Anyway, we booked out that sun morning 0700. And also booked in that night. =)


No comments:

What do you need?

"Once you understand the needs of the market, product is unimportant, competition is irrelevant" Very mind-blowing statement. An ...